Addictive personalities and pot

Go down

Addictive personalities and pot

Post by kwikkeys on Sat May 24, 2008 7:36 am

First of all, I just want to say I am 100% behind the content and opinion offered in The Truth About Hemp on the main page. I think it should be legalized and put to all the uses suggested.

However, I'll also add that I used pot for over 35 years to run away from my potential, my miserable childhood history, and from acheiving many lifetime milestones I might have otherwise. I've never been able to tolerate alcohol--probably because I come from a long line of alcoholics and witnessed what it did to my family. I grew up in the 60's and 70's when it was far more socially acceptable in my peer group to smoke weed.

Every night I'd smoke a joynt or two. On weekends, I'd smoke one the minute I woke up and stayed high until I went to bed. I was always high on my freetime. I spent over $400/month on the stuff. I don't even want to think about where that money was going and what criminal activities I was supporting.

I started meditation about 2 years ago. It's a form of meditation called brain wave entrainment. It's been an amazing experience! About 6 months into my meditations, I suddenly no longer felt the need to be numb all the time from pot; instead I craved the opposite: improved awareness both internally and externally. I just quit one day and never looked back. And THAT is one major difference between pot and alcohol. I had no physical or mental withdrawal whatsoever. If I had been an alcoholic, do you think it would have been so easy to quit? Hell no! Some will have a psychological addiction though and that can be worse than a physical addiction.

I threw away over $5,000 a year on the stuff to stay doped up and unaware; $400 or more/month. It kept me from getting a college degree, from a career I had always hoped to have, from a meaningful long-term relationship, and from being self-actualized. Pot made it very easy for me to shut myself in my apartment every evening without any need for social interaction. I was content to be messed up and watch TV or rental movies. I became reclusive--a few friends and no connections to family at all.

I've been off it for about 2 years now. I can now afford a beautiful car, leather furniture, big screen TV and more. That $5,000/year goes into investing in myself now with these things and my new hobby: READING. I've never been happier in all my life. That is, untill I look back on those 35+ years that I threw away like a snot rag. But these days I live in the present moment, not in the past or obsessed with the future.

If you're smoking habitually now, I hope something here resonates with you. Don't wait until the end of your life to see what you're doing to yourself. I see nothing wrong with an occasional joynt anymore than I do with an occasional drink. But if you're prone to an addictive personality as I am, beware. Don't let this be your story.

kwikkeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Addictive personalities and pot

Post by jbmac on Sat May 24, 2008 11:52 am

Wow, you raise some good points. That's why we have a Holosync forum here too. The best answer
is to not smoke pot, or smoke it in moderation - same with alcohol. The true answer to who you are,
lies in meditation, I find Holosync works for me.

jbmac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

kwikkeys,

Post by The GCW on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:48 am

kwikkeys,

Cannabis may have gotten in the way of Your education. It may have. It may also have been other things and cannabis is easy to blame.

Many people use cannabis (a lot) and get through school. Some people would think it is ok to cage responsible adults for using cannabis because they believe it gets in the way of citizens getting an education. It is not ok to cage responsible users for the actions of citizens that are not responsible.

I often think peoples experiences with cannabis that are negative are being told to help keep the relatively safe, socially acceptable, God-given plant illegal.

It may have been better to not use cannabis or use it in moderation; for You.

Caging responsible humans for using cannabis is not ok.

The Green Collar Worker

The GCW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Addictive personalities and pot

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down